Book Discussion Groups
The Friends of the Elm Grove Library book discussion groups are open to all FOEGL members and are welcoming new and returning participants.
The Young and the Rest of Us
Meets from 1 – 2 pm the second Thursday of the month (except December and January) in the Reinder’s Room of the Elm Grove Village Hall. Contact 262-784-7087 or RBHaus@aol.com if you are interested in visiting the group. The following is the reading list for the upcoming season.
- September 14, 2017 The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- October 12, 2017 The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- November 9, 2017 Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- February 8, 2018 Wintering by Peter Geye
- March 8, 2018 Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
- April 12, 2018 Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- May 10, 2018 Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance
- June 14, 2018 Planning Luncheon – details to be announced
The Bibliomaniac’s Book Club
Meets at 10:00 am the third Wednesday of the month in the Park View Room of the Elm Grove Village Hall from September to May. If you are interested in visiting this group, contact Connie Pavletich at 262-786-4775 or email@example.com The following is the reading list for the upcoming season.
- September 20, 2017 Evicted by Matthew Desmond
- October 18, 2017 Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- November 15, 2017 Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- January 17, 2018 Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- February 21, 2018 Bellevue by David Oshinky
- March 21, 2018 Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard
- April 18, 2018 Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- May 16, 2018 Planning meeting
The Once and Future Book Group
Meets at 7:00 pm the fourth Wednesday of the month (third Wednesday in November and December), usually in the Park View Room of the Elm Grove Village Hall. Most of the books for this group are contemporary fiction and selections are chosen every two – three months so there is opportunity for input throughout the year. Contact Cathy Kobs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information. The following is the reading list for the next few months.
- August 23, 2017: Pepperland by Barry Wightman, selection of two more books
- September 27, 2017: After This by Alice McDermott
- October 25, 2017: H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald